Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 14-15-17 July: three scenes from cycling in Denmar

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 14-15-17 July: three scenes from cycling in Denmark
From: "Wayne Harridge" <wayne.harridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 23:12:06 +1000
I'm sure the image is worth the drenching !

Monday 14 July.
This was the first day of our tour, going from Aarhus to Odense, H.C.
Andersen's birthplace. It was the one day with bad weather on this tour.
About 20 km before Odense (out of a total ride of 144 km), the sky ahead
looked like this (and yes, we needed to go that way and we did get
drenched):
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3398589118&k=NRDF
rzh&lb=1&s=O

Excellent !

Tuesday, 15 July.
We cycled from Odense down to Svendborg on the south coast of Fyn (Funen),
and there had lunch with a friend of Lars, Jørn Svendsen. Jørn is Denmark's
premier bronze caster, and many well-known sculptors from Northern Europe
have him cast their works. Here he is, showing us a statue that was about to
be transported to the Faroe Islands and placed on a rock by the sea there.
It was a truly fascinating visit with a fascinating man:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3398589545&k=RTFT
v6v&lb=1&s=O

Wonderful image.

Thursday, 17 July.
I got up at 5:30 that morning, crawled out of the tent and went for a walk
in the town of Stege on the island of Møn, where we had camped that night.
The early morning light was beautiful. The bridge in the background, which
we crossed later that morning, connects Møn with Denmark's biggest island,
Zealand, where Copenhagen is located:
http://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/4253606_kdsZ6C#!i=3398595244&k=8NrD
jGw&lb=1&s=O

...Wayne