Re: [OM] Racist Graffiti in Fort Wayne

Subject: Re: [OM] Racist Graffiti in Fort Wayne
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:19:47 -0500
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:10 AM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Where I grew up in Michigan, about 30% of the population was black,
> 15%-20% Hispanic. However, we were also a resort area for people from
> Indiana and Illinois. Those from Indiana were certainly "different"
> than us.

Great photo, Chris.

I'm no stranger to that mentality.  Valparaiso was also once a hotspot for
Klan activity.  In fact, in 1923, when the college that was to become my
alma mater VU was headed for bankruptcy, the Klan actually had plans to buy
it and turn it into a Klan-based school.

Saddens me that we still have that sort of mentality in 2014.

Regardless of what you think about his policies (and I'm not starting a
political debate here), I'm convinced that a large percentage of the pure
hatred and vitriol being heaped upon Obama is due to his skin color.  We've
had our share of bozos in the Oval Office (not saying he is one - just
pointing out that we've had ones in the past who were less-than-examplary),
and I cannot remember any of them getting the public, vocal hatred that
President Obama is getting.
--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie