Re: [OM] Racist Graffiti in Fort Wayne

Subject: Re: [OM] Racist Graffiti in Fort Wayne
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 13:33:21 -0500
On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 1:26 PM, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Regardless of what you think about his policies (and I'm not starting a
> > political debate here), I'm convinced that a large percentage of the pure
> > hatred and vitriol being heaped upon Obama is due to his skin color.
>
> To the point of Obama's haters being racists, is an
> oversimplification. I would certainly agree that there are racists
> that hate Obama because of race, to dismiss all who disagree with him
> as racists or even lump them together is wrong.
>
> That would be like saying that Bush haters hate him because he's rich.

Didn't mean to oversimplify.  I know that there are plenty that either like
him or don't like him based on his policies and what he's done.  But it
just seems that I can't remember the level of hatred towards any white
president. How much is outright racism, I can't know.  But perhaps the
extremely vocal fringes brought out a racist tendency in some people who
were just on the edge.

Or, maybe it's just that we live in such a connected society where anybody
with Facebook or Twitter or a free blog can spew their own wingnut rantings
to the entire world, instead of just the people in their neighborhood.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie