Re: [OM] IMG: Traffic Jam

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Traffic Jam
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 11:09:48 -0400
No, not at all. That one works extraordinarily well. I'll rank it as not only do I like it but it's likely the best image I've ever seen with an OOF foreground and I can't imagine it working better any other way.

But I also think there's a huge difference between this image (with the dancer a short distance away from my face) and the image down the alleyway looking at the bikes perhaps 20-30 feet away. As I see the dancer and the kid I can easily imagine that this is what my eyes might see from that vantage point, especially with the kid's expression grabbing my attention away from the dancer. Something 10-20 feet away from my eyes as those things in the alleyway would not look out of focus.

But I don't in any way consider myself an artist. At best I'm a so-so photographer generally trying to depict reality. For a fleeting moment reality could look like the kid and the dancer. Not so the alleyway.

Chuck Norcutt