Re: [OM] Hasselblad Imacon Flextight Precision II Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Hasselblad Imacon Flextight Precision II Scanner
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:35:44 -0400
That's very interesting. I think somehow I knew this in the past (probably from you) but forgot about it. I just checked VueScan's list of supported scanners and it includes my two old SCSI dedicated film scanners, the Acer/Benq 2720s and the Minolta Dimage Scan Elite.

The last time I looked (long ago) Adaptec was not making drivers for Win 7. But I've looked again and see that they do produce Win 7 and Win 7 64-bit drivers for your 29320LPE adapter. Unfortunately, they only provide a 32 bit driver for my 2940 adapter. There are significant differences in the SCSI cable used by these two adapters and the equipment they attach to so it's impractical to change adapters.

However, since there is no Adaptec 64 bit Windows drivers for my 2940 it's clear that Ed Hamrick is providing his own SCSI drivers for VueScan. I'm going to have to reconnect these old scanners and see what they do today (after I find where I've hidden the SCSI card) :-)

Unfortunately for Tina the Imacon scanner doesn't show up in VueScan's list of supported scanners. Neither the Hasselblad nor Imacon brands show up at all let alone the specific scanner model. See
<http://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/supported-scanners.html>

The simplest solution for her may be to setup a dedicated XP machine (probably a dime a dozen today) that's not connected to the net so she can use the old driver and software.

Chuck Norcutt