Re: [OM] IMGS: Today's Harvest

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGS: Today's Harvest
From: Tina Manley <images@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 17:56:20 -0400
Only the three kinds of peppers that you recognized.  The darkest ones are
eggplants!  I use James Beard's recipe for gazpacho from his Cuisinart
cookbook.  You chop up onions, cucumbers, peppers, and 5 tomatoes in fairly
even pieces.  Then you blend one tomato with a cup of tomato juice, half a
cup of olive oil, 6 cloves of garlic, salt and pepper.  Put it all together
and chill.  If you want, serve with larger pieces of cucumbers, tomatoes
and peppers to mix in.  It's wonderful.  We eat it several times a week
during the summer.  I don't put bread in mine, but I make homemade French
bread to serve with it.

Tina

On Sun, Jul 27, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Chuck Norcutt <
chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I recognize the poblanos, jalapenos and serranos but I don't know what the
> very dark peppers are.  What's your gazpacho recipe?
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 7/25/2014 2:24 PM, Tina Manley wrote:
>
>> PESO:
>>
>> After mowing about 5 acres this morning, I took two market baskets to the
>> garden.  I had to make a couple of trips!
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/156729790
>>
>> http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/156729794
>>
>> We will have gazpacho and eggplant chips for lunch and I'll be canning and
>> freezing all afternoon!  We eat really well this time of year!
>>
>> C&C greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Tina
>>
>> PS:  My new scanner is on the front porch, where it will stay until I have
>> time to set it up.
>>
>>  --

Tina Manley
http://tina-manley.artistwebsites.com/