Re: [OM] (OM) OT Image processing

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT Image processing
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 02:10:35 +1200

Thank you everybody for helpful responses. I'll save the ideas for
use.

And thank you to Chuck for the processing offer; I'll be in
contact should I feel I am in a spot I can't deal with.

I pretty much
had all the numbers sorted, but it's nice to have independent
confirmation. I will probably use a combination of FastStone to create
skinny images with a white border, and Irfanview to do a vertical
panorama of two images.

By the way I had a wonderful snail-mail
response from the art-painter who created the oil painting I copied

He painted it in the
early 1960's at McGrath's Creek, Arthur's Pass National Park. He used a
style derived from that of Russell Clark(e), so my example is probably
quite rare since he didn't stay with the style. He said he was aware
when creating the painting, of the rhythm apparent in the movement of
the crowns of the beech trees.

I will probably send him an A4 sized
print, as a souvenir.

Brian