Re: [OM] Astrophotography

Subject: Re: [OM] Astrophotography
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 12:19:51 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>       Along with the 90/1000mm f/11 refractor that I've refurbished, I'm
>>anxious to try my Quantaray 1000mm "Bazooka" lens for astrophotography.
>>
>Did you say that right?  I thought your Meade 90/11 was the Maksutov
>version.

     As far as I know, it's just a palin old refractor, model 395.

     Speaking of astrophotography, I picked up a very nive book of photos this
morning "Celestial Nights: Visions of an Ancient Land" by Neil Folberg.
Beautiful B&W photos of nighttime landscapes with a clear night sky as a
background, some landscapes illuminated by the moon, and a few photos of the
night sky bt itself.  Can't wait to try this in October when the temperatures
subside.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson