[OM] Astrophotography

Subject: [OM] Astrophotography
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2014 18:03:30 -0400
I have no idea how to find it now but I used to have a reference
table (from the web somewhere) where you could determine the maximum exposure >>time for a motion free image given focal length and magnification.

I vaguely recall the "600" rule where 600mm lens can be used at about 1 sec--somewhat depends on angle of declination too. max time=600/fl

Oh, I see this calculator--better yet.

http://www.sceneplanner.com/tool3.php

Yea, there is also a phone app of course.

I am still still not sure how to use DSS w/o much repositioning. Better watch a tutorial.

Mike