Re: [OM] FF OM-D at Photokina?

Subject: Re: [OM] FF OM-D at Photokina?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 15:00:53 -0700
On 8/1/2014 1:27 PM, Paul Braun wrote:
It should weigh a fraction of a normal "bazooka" zoom.  I also like that
it's theoretically a constant aperture.

Yes, to be fair, it's only f4 at the short end. At the long end, it loses two
stops.

OTOH, it's small, light and inexpensive (and looks terrific on an E-M5).

Depending on cost, I may end up going the other route.  But I'd like to see
one reviewed in the flesh first.  I'd be using this for concert photography
- if the slower one would do the trick, I'd consider it.  But I'd
definitely want to borrow/rent one and try it first.  Lensrentals.com seems
to have it now, so for $39 for a week, I may give it a whirl.

As it happens, I have an Oly 40-150/4-5.6 R lens I don't need, now that other lenses have entered the fold. NIB, but for being taken out to take one shot to be sure it worked.

Shipping to you would be much cheaper than LensRentals, and you could have it longer, too. If you like it, we make a deal. If not, you ship it back.

Reply off list if you want to work something out. I know I got it for less than retail, but will have to refresh my memory. Now or later when you know the cost and specs of the Big Boy.

Wheeler Dealer Moose