Re: [OM] The virtues of RAW

Subject: Re: [OM] The virtues of RAW
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 07:29:46 +0800
During the time when I shoot slide, I tried to exposure them carefully as there is no room for post processing unless I scan and print them. Fortunately the OM camera did very well in this regard.

I just reviewed the images I took with E-10 in 2001, most of them were exposed as desired (I set -0.3 stop), a little twist is required to put them on web. If they were going to print, different profile is required, I use Fuji Frontier profile and adjust the gamma before sending to the lab. Once there was a lab that I use know how to by pass the auto process and have my files straight out, the prints all came out great. But we have not make prints for years as we don't have space for the prints and it is much cheaper to view them electronically :-)

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck Norcutt" <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I suppose Ansel Adams sent his negatives back to Kodak to have prints made. I'm quite sure they were "perfect" out of the camera. No doubt it was a ghost writer that wrote "The Print". Certainly he would have had no need for "post-processing".

Chuck Norcutt