Re: [OM] OT new TV advice

Subject: Re: [OM] OT new TV advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 11:21:40 -0400
Couldn't get a signal to the TV or couldn't get any audio out of the receiver? My Roku runs an HDMI cable to the receiver which outputs HDMI to the TV but that TV HDMI connection has ARC (Audio Return Channel) which runs audio from the TV back to the receiver for output to the speakers. Without ARC you need to feed the audio back to the receiver through a separate connection (optical or component)

Chuck Norcutt