Re: [OM] Perfect method

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect method
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 14:13:29 -0700
On 7/7/2014 7:29 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
Stubby Moose wrote:
Indeed it would. For me, it would confirm that what I'm shooting is closer
to perfection. ;-)

BTW, the following really has nothing to do with the post to which the above was a response. AG has hijacked a thread about aspects of perfectionism, etc., taking my comment out of a context in which it means something entirely different than he makes it appear here - to justify another rant against those attached to "New, Shiny".

Likely true. At least for this year. Next year, the latest/greatest
will reveal just how horrible the current "near perfection" is. Oh,
wait, that's already happened. The E-M1 smokes E-M5s three at a  time.

OK, I'll bite, again. I must assume you are talking features and ergonomics,
not actual image IQ.

I've done it before, when the E-M1 was new, and have just done it again, carefully comparing the two using DPReview's side-by-side image comparator. Interestingly, they are not quite the same on different parts of the test image. Sometimes identical, sometimes one ever so slightly better at 100% on one part, sometimes the other on another part.

From base ISO to ISO 3200, there just isn't a penny's worth of difference
between them in simple image quality.

The E-M1 has yet to smoke my E-M5.

What are you smoking?