Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows
From: Don Holbrook <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 2014 23:25:25 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks, Dean.  The M-1 is not as intuitive (to me) as the E bodies were.  But
this is the way to go.  Glad the loss of my favorite slide & print film forced
my hand.  ps:  the fly was from the storied Cedar Run, 3 blocks away.

----- Original Message -----From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>To:
olympus@thomasclausen.netSent: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 15:54:13 -0000 (UTC)Subject:
Re: [OM] Mirrorless w/bellows

Don Holbrook recently posted:

"http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14107

Still learning the M-1.......OM bellows w/50-3.5@11, custom wb, live
viewmagnify for manual focus, 2 sec delay, mayfly off front door, 1/4" body.Not
a good specimen, but useful for this purpose."

So I pull out my hardcover copy of Don's "Midge Magic" book and lookat Don's
macro set-up on page 23: OM 2N, bellows, the older (manualdiaphragm) 38 and 20
OM macro lenses, and two T32s. Great to see you'retrying out a new twist here,
Don! Keep posting some results for us. Itwould be interesting to see what the
38 and 20 lenses can do, too. If youlook closely at the mayfly that Don shot
with the M-1, you'll see that theDOF is--what--2 mm? Not trying to sound
derogatory here, but I wonder ifthe "shoot a view of a distant mountain" folks
appreciate that DOF isn'talways twenty miles or more. Nice work, Don! Keep
learning, and sharing.Dean--