Re: [OM] The virtues of RAW

Subject: Re: [OM] The virtues of RAW
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2014 21:08:17 -0700
On 8/5/2014 5:30 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
I have created it myself at least once (but years ago) by pushing a JPEG too hard. I have also seen gaps in the histogram that aren't necessarily apparent in the image. Probably a warning of impending posterization.

I've seen both gaps and stacks develop from extensive manipulation of 8 bit images. To me, they can result in an image becoming 'odd' looking, can't put one's finger on just what it is, but not right - until looking at the histogram.

It's seemed to me that this can happen before visible posterization.

Color Gaps Moose