Re: [OM] OT: eBay Woes Once Again

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eBay Woes Once Again
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 14:07:03 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>> >Like to live dangerously???
>> >

>>      I may have found out what happened.  eBay had unilaterally changed my
>> message settings from TEXT to HTML.  I always keep it set to TEXT as the
>> Earthlink webmail reader does not support HTML.  I'll find out if this is
>> the case tomorrow morning when the next batch of saved searches arrives.
>>
>>      I guess the cyber toddlers were bored and went on a fishing
>> expedition, or perhaps they were hacked once again.
>>

>Really - a webmail reader that doesn't support html - bizarre!

     Back in the TELNET days, the Pine reader would do nothing more than that.
A distinct advantage is that you cannot get a virus downloaded into you unless
you do it manually, which would be pretty stupid.  Any HTML emails have to be
downloaded into the office machine to be viewed fully and they are scanned
thoroughly before doing so.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson