Re: [OM] IMGs: Skyscapes

Subject: Re: [OM] IMGs: Skyscapes
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 07:33:31 -0400
I guess I didn't make myself clear. I meant two separate exposures at possibly different apertures but only a single photo. Start the long exposure for ambient at the aperture for flash. Manually fire the flash off the camera. Continue the long ambient exposure and change the aperture if desired. I don't know if a digital camera with native AF lens will allow an aperture change so you may need to use a manual lens. Of course, if you don't want different apertures it's all more normal. But consider that you can remove the flash from the camera and fire it manually and do it many times if desired. That's called light painting. Just keep yourself out of the photo while walking around with the flash.

Chuck Norcutt