[OM] IMGs: Skyscapes

Subject: [OM] IMGs: Skyscapes
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 13:30:45 +0000
You probably want a tracking mount if you want to keep the sky still.
Light-painting the foreground is the usual technique. You could
light-paint with flash but it can be a bit harsh sometimes.

Sometimes you could do it in a single exposure but often with digital they
are blended.  Personally I think the single exposure method is more
interesting and challenging. And a must for film-only shooters.

An example (not mine):

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1307335

-Ed