[OM] Automatic aberration correction on new lenses.

Subject: [OM] Automatic aberration correction on new lenses.
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 14:18:25 -0400 (EDT)
Going Straight Moose writes:

I recently ran into more such trouble getting an image to look
right, which led me to do some simple testing. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/DXO/LensCorrect.htm>

I quite like DxO's default rendering of color, contrast, etc.,
compared to ACR's If I find it on sale again, I may get it.

The 12-32 shots were slightly tilted. I should have just put it on
the GX7,
which has a built-in level.

First, very cool analysis. Wonder what raw converter used to avoid metadata correction? I can think of a couple that might work. I first noticed ACR correction was incomplete with some Marnie shots in Girona of buildings with straight lines with the 12-32. I was planning to do comparison of DXO to ACR on one, but your analysis is much more elegant.

Oh, GM-1 does have built in level too--hit "disp" button.

Rest assured won't be too long 'till the next DXO sale.

Mike