Re: [OM] Broken mac was Re: Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management

Subject: Re: [OM] Broken mac was Re: Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management
From: "Sawyer, Edward" <Ed.Sawyer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 12:58:46 +0000
I have a 2013 Macbook Pro 15". I also have had 3 other new macbook pros in
the last 4-5 years, so have had one of each of the last 3 or 4
generations. The latest iterations of the screens are really good. They
eliminated an air gap between glass and panel, which cut reflections a
lot. It also has an optical coating on the glass (anti-reflection, similar
to lenses) which helps a lot.

I really hated the earlier glossy screens, of a couple generations ago,
but this latest one is really superb. The retina display is unbelievable,
if you haven't seen or used one of those at 15", it's simply impossibly
sharp. I don't think any screen protector/anti-glare is needed, and would
likely degrade the retina experience without adding anything good.

The non-upgradable RAM kinda sucks, but even 8GB is plenty for almost
anything you can imagine. I run firefox, CS6, VMware Fusion, Excel,
filezilla, Word and a bunch of other stuff concurrently with no slowdowns.
 I have a 250GB SSD and it's definitely a bit tight. 500 or 1TB would be
much better.

Bottom line: the current macbook pros are the best Mac laptops ever
(which, by nature, also means the best laptops ever by anyone, of course
;-).
3
-Ed