Re: [OM] Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management

Subject: Re: [OM] Somewhat OT: Computer Clock Management
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:29:46 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

>>I hadn't paid any attention before but just checked the Win 7 time
>>settings.  You can choose 1 of about 1/2 dozen time servers but have no
>>choice over sync settings.  It only resyncs itself once a week.
>>

>     The URL mentioned by Sandy Harris yesterday for the WinXP EXE version of
> the NTP software looks
>superb (http://www.satsignal.eu/ntp/setup.html), and I will be trying it later
>this morning.  I had
>downloaded a version of that earlier but it was some incomprehensible tar.gz
>file that I was not able
>to open.  The description looks like it is vastly superior to the Network Time
>Synchronization
>software I decided to use.

     Okay, I installed it, found that it had no Windows interface (you have to
use a text editor to change the configuration file), then unistalled it.  I
will say that it's very thorough and works okay, but without a user-friendly
interface for adjusting the settings it's a bit awkward to use.  I've reverted
back to the Network Time software (NetTime.exe) that has a full user-friendly
interface and which can be used all the way back to Win95.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson