Re: [OM] Going back to 1983

Subject: Re: [OM] Going back to 1983
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 10:37:55 -0500
Ken posted:
 "I get back to my old stomping grounds about once every two or three
years. The biggest thing I notice is how my memory of things is
tainted by the then familiarity."
     After a trip to southern MN from noon to 6 PM, I stopped in my "old
neighborhood" and looked about.  Everything
looked the same here--the sliding hill, the homes, the trees, everything.
 This was about dinner time on September 11,
2001.  Everything I remembered from my youth was just as I had left it a
half century earlier.  But the rest of the world
had been turned upside down.  IIRC, "You Can't Go Home Again" was a George
Orwell book.
Dean