Re: [OM] OT: Hand troubles

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Hand troubles
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 09:56:04 -0400
I've been using a Nexus 7 since April of 2013. The only thing that would make me happier is a 10" equivalent... or maybe a 10" with a folding keyboard case. :-) As a little game machine or reader a 7" screen is fine. As a web browser 7" doesn't provide a lot of real estate.

Mine developed some strange jitter in the screen after about 1 month. Google replaced it quickly and provided a UPS shipping label for the return. The second one has been fine. I was pleased to note that I didn't have to return the old one before the new one was shipped. IIRC they charged my credit card for the new one and refunded that when the old one was received back.

It is rarely actually powered down. It spends most of its life in an idle state where a brief press of the power button brings it instantly back to life. But perhaps every 3-6 months it will exhibit some sort of strange behavior (always different) which requires a reboot to correct. That sometimes, but not always, loses the state of the machine if you had an active app running at the time.

OS updates are automatic.

Chuck Norcutt