Re: [OM] Perfect method

Subject: Re: [OM] Perfect method
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:18:07 +0100
Bob

I suspect that Ian had no qualms about using the EVF, but I had to see it to be
convinced that I could use it.  It’s a large viewfinder with great detail and
with loads of useful information displayed, either over the picture area or
outside it (you have the option).  In addition, the display is available in
portrait as well as landscape, if you like.

I have small hands but I find the camera delightfully compact and light.  I
have the “consumer” zooms (XC16-50 and XC50-230) and their performance is
pretty smart, to my eyes).  But the best of the bunch in my bag is the lovely
XF35/1.4.

For anyone interested, I bought my X-T1 secondhand and I didn’t much like the
feeling of the D-Pad buttons.  I mentioned this to Fuji UK who replaced them
for me, free and in less than a week.

This might annoy some of the Oly aficionados on the List, but the X-T1 feels
and performs like a digital OM-4.  It lacks only the averaged spot meter
reading.

I’m about to try the app that Ian mentioned.  I’ve used the iPhone app to
receive images from the camera, but I haven’t yet controlled the camera.

Chris