Re: [OM] Now THIS is news!

Subject: Re: [OM] Now THIS is news!
From: ozlangur@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:21:56 +1000
> On 18 Aug 2014, at 12:49 am, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I also love the built in flask in the DMC-L1 because of the dual
> positions.  First position is bounce.

It was mentioned on a review sight that, because of the way the X-E1's little
popup flash was sprung, you could carefully, and not-so-ergonomically, hold it
in bounce position. I'm not a user of flash generally, but I tried it so, in a
double-height room as well, and it was surprisingly (to me) effective,
completely taking away that deer-in-the-headlights look. As mentioned I rarely
use it, but it's nice to know. It's now a #wishlist item on my future camera
list, that manufacturers look to the DMC-L1 and incorporate it in non-hacked
form. :)

Anyway, thought I'd mention it in case others have "useless"* popups getting
less use than they might otherwise.

*quoting myself

Cheers,
Marc