Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:09:28 -0500
On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 10:23 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      A very moist subtropical airmass is presently entering the southwest,
> which will develop into widespread storm activity today through Wednesday.
> After that, Tropical Storm Lowell (presently TD-12E) will bring yet another
> moist airmass into the region on Friday.
>
>      It's a great opportunity for kayakers in Tucson to set a new record
> for the greatest distance kayaking the Rillito.
>
>      This is not to be taken lightly, as high pressure over the
> southeastern US will pump this moisture into the central and northern Great
> Plains, then into the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic.  As though they haven't had
> enough rain already.

We've had lots of fog the past several days here in NW Indiana/Chicago. I
think we also had rain last night. Certainly looked like it was coming by
the time we went to bed. This morning is also extremely foggy. From what I
heard on the radio this morning, they had to cancel the air portion of the
second day of the Chicago Air & Water show because of the fog. The planes
stage at the airport in Gary, IN and then fly in over the lake, do tricks,
and fly out over downtown Chicago and loop around back out over the lake.
Fog was so thick that they had problems getting the planes off of the
ground in Gary, and when part of your flight path includes low-level passes
over a major city, and you can't actually see the buildings that you're
supposed to miss, it's not a recommended practice.

--

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie