Re: [OM] IMG: Going back to the past in Buffalo, part 2

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Going back to the past in Buffalo, part 2
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2014 02:24:46 +1200

Nathan wrote:

Following our visit to the Buffalo neighbourhood
where my wife and I lived during the first year of our marriage,
1983-84, we went even further back, to 1979-80, the year when our
relationship began, on the Amherst Campus of SUNY Buffalo. The place is
actually pretty ugly compared to the other universities I have attended,
but still I wanted to document (and to show our daughter) where it all
began. Fourteen images, starting with this
one:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/belgiangator/buffalo/20140813-_DSF8010.jpg.html
[1]

(click on the little right arrow above the image to move to the
others).
/////////////////////////
Great tour. You are lucky to be able
to do this and find so much unaltered.
My NZ 4 undergraduate years at
Victoria University (Wellington( (VUW); from what I gather from the
alumnus guff, the place has been altered and modernised out of
recognition. Most of my lectures and lab work were done in the Hunter
Building; don't know if it even exists now.

At Oxford, the
undergraduate forestry department and course has been abolished / merged
with the School of Biological Sciences or some such, and in any case
they do only post grad stuff now. An old friend who was just a year
later than me visited the old School a couple of years ago and was
denied entry "on the 'grounds' of security", or some such bullshit. A
real pity. Location is at
Commonwealth Forestry Institute, South Parks
Road, Oxford, UK
The location of my former digs in the North Quad of St
Johns College has been greatly altered as well. Two wonderful years
there.

The College has greatly expanded now, and is co-ed as well; used
to be strictly males only. Which was a good thing, as far as I am
concerned.

Brian

Links:
------