Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Rain, Lots of Rain
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:33:45 -0400
Sounds like you got the forecast exactly right.

Chuck Norcutt

On 8/19/2014 1:54 PM, Chris Trask wrote:

Lots of rain. That's the report from my daughter and son-in-law who
are now enroute from Prescott (where she is in grad school) to
Santa Fe for an internship interview. They hope to spend the next
year in Santa Fe while she completes her degree. He is an
accomplished pianist and has been doing house concerts along the
way to help with expenses. So far Seattle, Portland and
Sacramento.

They may see some flooding along I-10 between Flagstaff and Gallup.

Right now northbound I-17 north of Phoenix is closed due to flooding,
and there are many other road closures in that area.  We also have
reports of large rocks on I-17 north of Black Canyon City.  A long
string of severe thunderstorms passed through that area just after
dawn, and they are now evacuating low-level areas in Black Canyon
City.  Lots of water rescues taking place.  We might see another
round of this during the night.

The low-pressure system over Point Conception is compressing the
airmass over us against a high-pressure system to the east.  As early
as Thursday we will have another mass of moisture, heavier than this,
converge here as more moisture from TS Lowell merges with the
northward subtropical flow over Mexico.  That high-pressure system is
going to hold it off, but that will just make the moisture more
intense as it gets compressed.

Chris

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro - Hunter S. Thompson