Re: [OM] BUGZ

Subject: Re: [OM] BUGZ
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 22:06:00 +0800
I always shoot with minimum camera sharpness setting and do USM in post processing so that I can control the pixel width and intensity. If your image was shot at F2 then there could be not enough DOF/sharpness, it require a larger amount of USM or even more than one USM at different pixel width. I have no experience in FM may be it can do a simpler and more effective job. But as always, I prefer basic adjustments over the turn key solution.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Don Holbrook" <donholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Perfectly proper, C.H., as far as I'm concerned......always willing to learn. I looked at the original jpeg, unedited except by the camera, shot at f2, and the halo is on the insect at 200%. I usually try to go light on the sharpen and Focus Magic, but the halo is greater in the final image. This was edited in Sagelight. Any suggestions are welcome.

----- Original Message -----From: C.H.Ling <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>To: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Sent: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 06:24:42 -0000 (UTC)Subject: Re: [OM] BUGZ

Nice composition and color but I don't know if it is proper to mention the sharperning halos and sharpen/NR or JPEG artifacts here.

http://zone-10.com/tope2/main.php?g2_itemId=14203>> I rarely identify the insects I photograph. I just enjoy them. So I have > decided to call them, as a group, "bugz". Suits my brain.> --