Re: [OM] Bokeh and Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Bokeh and Lenses
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 10:27:21 -0500
> One number to rank it just is plain
> misleading. The zuiko 50/1.4 was badly graded but in some conditions it
> is fine...

Agreed. But in the case of Michael Johnson's grading, I would agree
with most of his assessments because of a narrow usage parameter. As
long as you shoot within the confines of that usage parameter, the
rankings are pretty good.

For flower photography, all bets are off. A lens which is glorious
when focused at two meters can suck pretty bad at 20 centimeters.

> That's an excellent example of using a lens carefully to yield a
> great artistic shot, using bokeh on the way.

And other aberations.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx