Re: [OM] OT: Weather Satellite Imagery

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Satellite Imagery
From: Paul Braun <pbraun42@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 11:03:04 -0500
The Chicago/NW Indiana area got between 4" to 6" of rain overnight - lots
of flooding. US6 between here and the next town West is closed because one
of the creeks that it crosses is swollen to the point where it's now 12"
over the bridge.

For us, fortunately, it meant several inches of fresh water for the fish,
and a thorough workout for our sump pump.

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 10:51 AM, Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>      If you want to see something really bizzare, take a look at the
> current GOES West water vapor loop:
>
> http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GSSLOOPS/wcwv.html
>
>      You can see how the northern edge of TS Lowell is being stripped and
> moved eastward, then making a hard left turn to the north after meeting the
> high pressure system over the southeast.  At the bottom you can see the
> northern edge of TS Marie, which is later going to develop into a major
> hurricane, possibly exceeding category 3.
>
> Chris
>
> When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro
>      - Hunter S. Thompson
> --

Paul Braun
Certified Music Junkie