Re: [OM] OT: Weather Satellite Imagery

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Satellite Imagery
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 13:48:54 -0500
>      You'll notive that there's a low-pressure system centered over central
> Oregon.  As that moves eastward it will push that moisture flow to the south.

Looking at the models, it appears that it might split the flow and
push stuff north and south. I didn't dive into the upper air data and
I'm puzzled by what appears to be a high-pressure system over the
midwest forcing that narrow moisture railroad north, but the pressure
gradients aren't following. Must be an upper-level high.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx