Re: [OM] OT: Weather Satellite Imagery

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Weather Satellite Imagery
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 15:51:09 -0500
>      That high is presently centered over Baton Rouge:
> http://mag.ncep.noaa.gov/data/gfs/12/gfs_namer_000_500_vort_ht.gif

The plot on weather.unisys.com places the 500mb high pressure centered
right over Little Rock. That seems to line up better with what I'm
seeing with the water-vapor satellite shot for the east edge, but the
west edge of the flow certainly looks like it's following 500mb.

300mb and 200mb is looking really interesting. The amount of windspead
and direction variations between the levels tells me that some of
those supercells in Nebraska could really scoot.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx