Re: [OM] IMG: Summer Breakfast

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Summer Breakfast
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 19:17:39 -0400
Well, if that's the way it behaves then skip auto ISO. If you want to do grab shots set the ISO at 200 or 400 (or some number which is reasonably fast but not so fast as to introduce significant noise). I'd also suggest getting rid of the auto aperture. That says your shutter speed is what's most important to you. But the shutter speed is recorded as 1/350. Much faster than required for the light available and aperture that could have been used. Why not just go aperture priority at about f/5.6 or so? Or even try using the Program mode if it's available. P (for professional) mode saved my bacon once during a wedding shoot. Try it. You might like it.

ps: Maybe if you dig down into the user's manual you may discover that this camera has a limiter for auto ISO. I don't know anything about this one but other cameras I've seen have a setting that says something like: if on auto ISO don't use higher than ISO 800 (or whatever you're comfortable with).

Chuck Norcutt