Re: [OM] Insects

Subject: Re: [OM] Insects
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:57:37 +0800
Haven't check the OM history, I believe the sequency could be 85-250, 65-200 and then 50-250.

50-250 is a rather sharp lens but bokeh is not always nice. My experience with 50-250 was ok in stability (on 5D II), I was happy with some stage shots taken by it.

For long lens handheld, I got sharper images when the other hand was holding the front part of the lens.

C.H.Ling

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Gordon via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

CH writes:
Here are some 65-200 F4 FF un-cropped images.

Thanks again--works well on FF too. I no longer recall if the 65-200/4 was the latest tele zoom. I could use a refresher course on the salient distinguishing factors of the 50-250/5, which I have, the 65-200 and 85-250. I recall the 50-250 was one of Maitani's favorite travel lenses--no tripod mount though --and very sensitive to vibration given how long and light--it is under rated, IMO when duly stabilized.

Mike