Re: [OM] Favorite OM System Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Favorite OM System Lens
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:10:38 -0500
> Kudos to AG for keeping the OM threads going.

Thank you. Wait till you see my next question. :)

> "We should also mention that the stellar little Olympus 24mm thrashed every
> other lens it encountered in the group stages of the 24mm World Cup, can be
> bought used for less than a decent filter for the 24L, and fits in the palm
> of your hand with room to spare. It's a gem."

I absolutely agree that the Zuiko 24/2.8 is really a gem. While there
are the occasional lenses which outperform it, this lens just does
everything well. And the fact that it is just about the perfect size
doesn't hurt either. I'm on my second one as I wore my first one out.

As a point of comparison, the 28/2 is a very special lens, but it's
kinda like a "runway model" that has to puke after eating, but the
24/2.8 is the girl that looks great with her hair pulled back in the
ponytail and isn't afraid of splitting an ice cream sunday with you.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx