Re: [OM] IMG: Chicago

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Chicago
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:37:54 -0500
SEARS TOWER!!!! Not Willies Taowah

> Very nice job, Nathan. You've done well with my hometown. Ken - you'll
> appreciate this. That woven basket of aluminum covering the lawn of the
> Pritzger Pavilion? There is a large array of smaller flown fill speakers
> going all the way to the back, all controlled and time-delayed, so you can
> hear just as well in the back as you can in the soundfield of the main
> arrays.

Ooo. More than once have I found that the sound from the delays is far
superior to the main arrays. Of course, it's gotten better and better
thanks to active processing and self-powered arrays, but when we get
the delays set up correctly, it's a thing of beauty.

> Next time you plan a trip, if time allows, let me know ahead of time and
> I'll arrange a tour of the Robie House for you and your friend. I love
> sharing that place with people from around the world.

It's on my bucket list.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx