Re: [OM] Favorite OM System Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] Favorite OM System Lens
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:25:13 -0500
> I have a beautiful mint 28/2 I would part with, with original case, hood,
> caps, etc.  Thinking around $400 incl. shipping and paypal.

I'm hoping to get in the darkroom this weekend and develop the BW
rolls I shot last week on in Wyoming. Almost the entire batch was shot
using the 28/2. I really, really liked what I was seeing in the
viewfinder, and I'm trusting that the actual film images will come
close.

What I like about the 28/2 is that the viewfinder image is so
contrasty and has a nice bite to it when you hit the right focus. The
24/2.8 tends to wallow in and out a little bit, but the 28/2 almost
makes a sound when the image is in focus.

You all would be soooo proud of me. On our last mega-hike, I took only
the OM-3Ti with 28/2 attached.

For anybody who has ever dreamed of the 28/2 and would like one, the
$400 price tag on Ed's is about right. This lens is a "world-class"
lens and one of the "best of breeds". Between the 35-80, 100/2 and
28/2, I'm convinced that these three lenses are as good as anything
ever made from any manufacturer--including Leica. Imagine buying a
28/2 Leica lens for $400.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx