Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 33: Puerto Rican food porn, Erie Country Fair

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 33: Puerto Rican food porn, Erie Country Fair, Chicago
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 13:16:57 -0400
At the photo of the Chicago Cultural Center you say: "It is sad and disgusting that a cultural institution even needs to tell people not to bring deadly weapons inside:"

Chicago has a very recent "concealed carry" law with 23 classes of exceptions where one may not carry. One of them is places posting the state designated sign saying firearms are prohibited.

Until last year the state prohibited carrying a concealed weapon but that law has been struck down by the federal courts and a new concealed carry law put in place. When you discuss culture here you have to realize you're dealing with American culture and the US Constitution.

ps: It is now possible to get a concealed carry permit in all US states although a very few are fairly restrictive. I do not own or carry a firearm but hardly consider it sad or disgusting. It is my understanding that Chicago crime rates have already taken a large drop since the law went into effect. The bad guys don't know who's carrying.

Chuck Norcutt