Re: [OM] hike w/ pup

Subject: Re: [OM] hike w/ pup
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 10:42:00 -0400 (EDT)

>Feet and / or meters for land elevations ................. helps to
>accommodate those few who have difficulty with a base 10 measuring system.
>
>Does the US keep exclusively with miles, yards, feet and inches because
>too many people have trouble grasping base 10 :-)

     No, we're just told that everything else is vastly inferior.  And we're
also told that it is very expensive to make metric sized bolts, nuts, etc.
That mentality cost us two Mars missions that ended up crashing on the back
side of Mars because the controller(s) didn't recognise the difference between
the English and Metric systems of measurement.

     I end up buying my metric hardware and tools (taps, dies, drills, etc.) on
eBay.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson