Re: [OM] IMG: NYC

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: NYC
From: Tina Manley <tmanley@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 20:26:40 -0400
We would pass through NYC every time we went back and forth to Iran,
stopping for a day or two.  Times Square was a wasteland of cheap wig shops
and pawn shops with lots of boarded up windows and derelict buildings.  It
was dark and scary at night.  We walked up and down with our kids and
people told us we were crazy to risk it.  That was in the late 1970's.  It
has changed so much that it is unrecognizable as the same place.  Some
people think it has been too Disneyfied, but anything is preferable to the
way it was before!  I really hate what the new mayor has done with trying
to erase everything the previous mayor did.  The pedestrian streets were a
great idea and are being torn up now.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com