Re: [OM] Goodbye to a friend

Subject: Re: [OM] Goodbye to a friend
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 14:35:10 -0400
I rarely simply sit and listen to music. I never have, even as a teenager. We do have a stereo system and, if it's playing at all, it's most likely playing classical music as background sound. We do listen to (mostly) music when in the car. The old car (used for local driving) only has FM radio and CD and we normally listen to country music on local radio. If there's a CD playing it's likely Johnny Cash or Fleetwood Mac or (maybe) Creedence Clearwater Revival... or something equally old.

If we're doing longer distance travel we take the new car which is equipped with SiriusXM radio. Probably 90% of the time it's tuned to "Escape" (channel 69) for easy listening music. The rest of the time it might be CNN news or "Car Talk" on PBS on Saturday morning. The car had blue-tooth, a USB port, a CD and DVD player plus a 40GB hard drive. Nothing but the CD has ever been used and that very little. But we do love "Escape".

But I do get satisfaction from listening to "(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction". Oh, I almost forgot. We do sometimes listen to 50s and 60s rock and roll. We have a good friend who used to have a band and specialized in performing 60s rock and roll. We have a couple of his CDs and listen... once in a great while.

Sorry, but it's a rare piece of music that stirs my soul. I guess my brain just isn't built that way.

Chuck Norcutt