Re: [OM] It never rains but it pours ( sometimes)

Subject: Re: [OM] It never rains but it pours ( sometimes)
From: bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2014 22:49:52 +1200

To continue the dental thread a tad longer, one of the likely
outcomes of this work is that Duncan will fit me with skeletal
denture(s) made of chromium/cobalt alloy.

I really do not want
dentures - but I guess we shall see what transpires.

The cr/co
dentures he has let me handle are quite light and seem to be very
strong.

Where I live opticians, dentists, and mental health are pretty
much out of the national health system except for the poorest people
where sometimes work may be carried out on them at teaching hospitals (
usually very good, if slow).

There are no public institutions any more
for what I may loosely call <mental defectives>. We had a network of
them but they gained a very bad name for maltreatment of <inmates>, Now
they are supposed to be cared for <in the community>.

The result of
this is that many of them end up in gaol. No care there.

Brian