Re: [OM] Too kool not to share...

Subject: Re: [OM] Too kool not to share...
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 13:31:30 -0500
It actually should be easier with the OM, because of the contacts for the
film back. This guy had to do surgury inside the camera body itself to
replace the shutter release. I believe that this could be done without
cracking the body open.

AG

On Saturday, September 6, 2014, Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Start designing it.  You can already have steel parts (including stainless
> steel) printed in sizes up to 750x380x380mm  (walls must be at least 3mm
> thick or otherwise reinforced with ribbing).  They use powdered steel and
> fuse it with a laser.
> <http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/143552-3d-printing-
> with-metal-the-final-frontier-of-additive-manufacturing>
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>

> On 9/6/2014 11:06 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
>
>> The 3D printing of the chassis and back is the game changer. Someday I can
>> see a practical digital back for the OM bodies.
>>
>>  --

Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.zone-10.com