[OM] [O] It never rains but it pours

Subject: [OM] [O] It never rains but it pours
From: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 13:15:41 +0100
   Jez said:
<For sure the system must have evolved over time.  Maybe your WW2 ID card
used your birth certificate number?
My own birth certificate states:
"...do hereby certify that this is a true copy of the Entry no. 394 in the
Register Book of of Births for the said Sub-District..."
and my old NHS number was MSBE394.>

Interesting but this would not work in my case as my parents and my sister were
all born many miles from where I was born. I think the ID card was probably link
ed to the address where we lived when ID cards were issued - Wikipedia reports t
hat as a consequence of an emergency Act of the UK Parliament an enumerator visi
ted every household in September/October 1939 and issued the cards on the basis
of replies to a form circulated previously.

Brian Gray