Re: [OM] The Impossible OM Project

Subject: Re: [OM] The Impossible OM Project
From: Daniel Sepke <dansepke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2014 11:56:07 -0400
The single biggest stumbling block I see is the placement of the focal plane.
Due to the thickness of the filter stack assembly on pretty much any donor
dslr/milc we would be stuck needing to calibrate lenses to this body only. And
that calibration may not even be possible.

Looking at what happened with this Konica rangefinder he had to remove part of
the casting on one side of the film gate to accommodate something in the
digital back; as well as adjust the focal point of the lens and recalibrating
the rangefinder.

For our project to work we'd have solve this problem before any other in my
opinion.

Dan