[OM] Elwoods Appliances in Waynedale

Subject: [OM] Elwoods Appliances in Waynedale
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 22:12:19 -0400
A couple of nights ago, I photographed the colorful neon sign over the
entrance to Elwoods Appliances in Waynedale, one of the last remaining
locally owned appliance stores in Fort Wayne. The store looks like something
out of a history book, like a lot of the small businesses in Waynedale.

Waynedale, the area of Fort Wayne where I grew up, and where I live again
now, was a small town until 1957, when it was absorbed by Fort Wayne. The
area still looks like a small town, even though it has been part of Fort
Wayne longer than it was an independent town!

http://chriscrawfordphoto.com/chris-details.php?product=1970

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography