Re: [OM] Vote in Scotland

Subject: Re: [OM] Vote in Scotland
From: David Bell <david.w.bell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2014 20:47:03 +0100
Sorry Mike I didn't really mean the American Civil War.

What I meant was that if the legislatures in either Hawaii or Alaska were dominated by separatists and they declared that they had a mandate to leave the Union then federal Washington would sit back and say nothing...yeah right. Westminster should be vociferous in promoting the better together . This is a time of national peril in my view. I was born and have lived all my life in Scotland as a citizen of the United Kingdom. We are not a confederation of states. We are an incorporated state of historical kingdoms. The unravelling of this is immense. And for what? Ideology . Uk vehicle and driver licensing in Wales, Forces pay in Scotland, Social Security in England, Search and Rescue, Air Traffic Control, Fisheries Protection, Border Security, Disease control in Agriculture,Pensions, Immigration, Transport, Trade Agreements, International Treaties etc.

Dave