Re: [OM] Vivian Maier's work continues to hit the headlines, unfortunate

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivian Maier's work continues to hit the headlines, unfortunately this time
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 05:30:03 -0500
And here I thought that her 15 minutes of fame was finally starting to
draw to a close. There has already been several books, exhibits, and
multiple features done on her. While the photos I've seen have been
pretty good, she was no HCB. When presented with a file of 100
thousand negatives, chances are that you are going to fine some pretty
good gems in there, regardless of the photographer. I'm sure I have
one or two good ones among my thousands too.

Honestly, I wonder just how much longer this tide of Vivian Maier
"worship" is going to last. Frankly, the story is more intriguing than
the photographs and this lawsuit is just the latest chapter in it.

--
Ken Norton
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx