Re: [OM] OT Strange phone call

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Strange phone call
From: Jez Cunningham <jez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:18:02 +0200
It sounds to me like a two-part authentication code. (That's a secure
way of authorising access to an application or website - you set up
your mobile phone number in the app/website and when you want to
access it, after entering your userid and password, it will text a
one-off code to your mobile which you then also enter.)

It seems like the text was sent to your landline and it was read out
by a speech synthesiser.

The question is 'why was it sent to your landline?'  Part of the setup
process initially would have been to test that the user correctly
received the text on his/her mobile.

Maybe just a glitch somewhere in the software...

Nothing to  worry about,
Jez